October is a month of festivals and fiestas! The different neighborhood celebrations are one thing we look forward to every year in San Francisco – they are a real San Francisco treat! As luck would have it, there is one happening this weekend and the timing is perfect. We will all be needing a break before Game 3 of the World Series on Saturday and we have the perfect place to take it: the Noe Valley Harvest Festival.
Put on your finest orange and black and stroll down 24th Street on Saturday, October 27th to celebrate the season of
October Baseball Fall in San Francisco. This festival is packed with things to do and we’re here to help you navigate it all — the bouncy house, the petting zoo, the pumpkin patch and the clowns (there may or may not be clown-like individuals present. Either way, it’s best to be prepared.). Here is the plan of action, if you choose to follow it:
- Get the number of your favorite Giants player painted on your face (make sure all the kids get their turn, too.)
- Enter your human, feline and/or canine child in the Halloween costume contest. Remember, no shortcuts with the costumes. Like our SF Giants, you’re here to win.
- Pick up some awesome food, treats and beverages at the Farmers Market for your game-watching party later in the day
- Channel your inner-Lincecum/Cain/Zito/Vogelsong/Romo and take a couple of throws at the dunk tank (how cool is that – an actual dunk tank?!)
- Buy raffle tickets because who doesn’t want a chance to win a trip to Hawaii or a new iPad? I know you’re thinking you’re a die-hard Giants fan and you can’t lose. You’re right. Start packing the sunscreen and the flip flops.
- Listen to some live music, practice your dance moves as the DJ pumps up the jam, or maybe go on a hay ride – we’ll leave this choice up to you.
Oh, one other “must-see” at the Noe Valley Harvest Festival: the Muttville Senior Dog Rescue booth at Whole Foods in Noe Valley from 10:00am – 2:00PM. (It’s no secret that Timmy is a huge fan of Muttville!) Enjoy!